Andersons Northern Ltd are leading providers of high quality, independent farm business advice and management to farmers, estate owners and rural professionals throughout Scotland and the North of England.
An excellent opportunity has arisen in our Edinburgh office for a farm consultant.
This is a varied role and would provide an excellent opportunity to the right candidate to start out or continue a career in farm business consultancy. The ultimate objective is to develop their own portfolio of clients and undertake bespoke projects on their behalf or on behalf of associated organisations.
The responsibilities will be dependent on the level of experience and tailored to meet your individual needs and abilities.
- Preparation of contract farming year end reports
- Preparation of whole farm budgets
- Submission of subsidy applications including Single Application Form, Agri Environment, Sheep Upland Support Scheme
- Supporting the Directors in the delivery of farm business management and farm business appraisals
- Carry out investment appraisals
- Cashflow analysis and monitoring
- Liaison with other rural professionals such as bank managers, accountants and solicitors on client matters
- Provide business and policy advice to new and existing clients and their rural businesses
- Provide support to the business Directors in developing new business and developing the offering to new and existing clients
- Agricultural background or experience relevant to the core sectors of Scottish agriculture
- Degree or equivalent level qualification
- Highly proficient IT skills including an excellent knowledge of the MS Office package
- An analytical mind with exceptional attention to detail and accuracy especially in dealing with numerical data
- An aptitude to problem solving
- High quality writing capability
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills; the ability to communicate with a diverse range of people at all levels both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of current farm support regimes
- Ability to prioritise their work and work to deadlines and clients objectives
- The ability to work alone as well as part of a team
- Be an integral part of the office team
What we offer:
- Permanent role with one of the leading and expanding national independent farm business consultancies
- Training where required
- Salary dependent upon skills / experience
- Company contribution to Group Personal Pension Plan
- Modern, open plan office with onsite parking and close to local amenities
- A clear opportunity to progress within our business
All applications would be treated in the strictest confidence. If you have any queries please do not hesitate to get in touch with David, Ben or Charlotte for a confidential conversation on 01968 678465.
Please apply in writing with covering letter and CV to
Andersons Northern Ltd
Suite 2c, Second Floor,
Or via email to email@example.com